Skip to main content

The Dos and Don'ts of Decorating a Kids Room

The Dos and Don'ts of Decorating a Kids Room

I love Beautiful Kids Room Decorations. I have seen so many themes, colours and designs and I am always amazed even being an Interior Decorator. Some of them just simply takes your breath away.





The Beautiful shelving and Bed designs, window treatments, floor treatments, wall designs are now ten times more amazing. The wall designs especially, they are all beautiful. Even loads of beautiful wallpapers are available now and they all look so amazing and I want them all.

                                               

                                               

                                                

Let's talk about amazing Bed designs. I have seen so many amazing bed design structures made to work incredibly well with the kids bedroom theme. Some with some fascinating shapes made to look like objects e.g airplanes, baskets, Canoe etc. They all look gorgeous. 

Children's Bedrooms Designs has really evolved. Princes and princesses themed are so not the in-thing anymore. It's now more of cartoon character, kids interests and kids wishes. I have seen kids rooms with Space Themes, Alien Themes, Animal kingdom themes even Dinosaurs. Some are like scientist and love their room designed thus. Also seen kids rooms made to look like a gardens, Incredible designs.

Kid's Room shelving is one of the most planned structure in Interior Designing. Designing kids room to follow all safety protocols are paramount. Aside for safety reasons, they are made to serve all required purposes. Studying, playing, sorting, sleeping, resting etc are few of the things to put in mind when designing a kids room. An atmosphere where a kid feels safe is important.

                                                  

                                                  


So I just got the opportunity to design my kids room. Still working on it. Trying to get some shelving sorted out and I am super excited. I am just working on it. The room was initially occupied by my brother who just recently got married and moved out. So many things to plan before arriving at the desired result but so happy for the journey to the desired result. 

The right wall paints must be use in a kids room. Paints that enables cleaning as to repainting always. Also, the shelves must be properly sorted in a way that is useful to them, no high shelves to be used when it comes to their immediate items. keep it low and make sure its something with compartments to help in sortings and differentiating. High shelves to store items that requires adults supervisions. Proper shelf design made to look so planned is required. Selecting the right shelf decorating pieces is very key. You don't always have to go overly to get best items.

 I got a beautiful shelf from a declutter shop for one-third of the price. It was a book shelf I want to repurpose to storage, books and toy shelves. I also got some new storage boxes from a thrift store. Actually been planning the room designs for months now because I knew my brother would be moving out eventually. Gotten the wallpapers even though I am having a change of mind as to that regards, thinking of changing it. I sorted all the toys into categories in different boxes, I know how she likes playing with her things already. Her bed has been cleaned, her previous shelves needs to be reinstalled because we dismantled them while moving out of our previous house. I just can't wait to finish the decorating of her room. I planned on decorating a room she feels so comfortable in. I know she is so used to her nanny so I got a simple bed for her nanny also. To be placed side by side in her room. I am excited for her. And I can't wait to show you all the outcome.

So many things comes to play when designing a kids room. For instance I wanted curtain for her window treatments and now I am thinking blinds will be better. Even though curtain will be way cheaper in this regard but I know blinds will be way more perfect. Now the problem is which type of blinds, Wooden or Day and Night Blinds. Kids can be messy and Day and Night Blinds are not that easy to clean and I want a family of white for the window not pink, kids gets tired of seeing the same thing after a while. So I can re-purpose the blinds into another space in the future, my thoughts. And no matter the change of theme, white tends to go with any theme in a kids room. Now back to wooden Blinds, it is easier to clean but is it safe?, Does it work with the children's room safety protocols. I think I need to Google the reviews on that. So many things comes to play when considering the Interior decorating if a kids room and making choices.
 
                                   

It's a beautiful experience. I have designed a few kids rooms in the past and I tell you. The children tends to grow so beautifully into it. They then to tell you when some certain things have to go and new upgrades need to come in. It's an unending cycle till they eventually grow old and move out. I for a person remember how I decided to do some DIYs in my room as a teenager. I believe most of us did. I changed my bed's positions like 2 times and I love the privacy that came with having my own room being the only female in the family. I considered it a privilege for my siblings to enter my room then. I always entertain my friends in my room. Aside for family time, you hardly see me sit in the main living room. Even my brother's prefer to entertain their friends in the other living room meant to also second as a study. We love all our friends I tell you and they love us too. My Mum, God rest her soul was a very tidy woman and she doesn't like seeing any form of dirt in her living room. This helped us not get beaten a lot because we had our own caves to crawl into.

Parents must also think about the comfort and safety of their kids when planning a home. Your kids physical and mental well-being is important. The ability for them to think responsibly starts from when they are very little. The ability for them to be able to identify with their own space and take care of it is a foundation to so many development in their lives. I love my kids and I believe you do too. Thanks for reading, smiles.  

Note- Not all the Kids room in this post was designed by Multicolour interiordezine, Thank you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worse Colours for your Bedroom

Let me provide you with a simplified version of the colour scheme explanation: Colours can be categorized into three main groups: cool, bright or warm, and neutrals. Cool colours include green, blue, and certain shades of purple. These colours often evoke a sense of calmness and tranquility. Bright colors consist of red, orange, yellow, and some purples. They are vibrant and energetic, adding excitement to the visual spectrum. Neutrals are colours that are closer to earth tones, such as white, gray, and brown. These colours are often used as a base or background and can create a sense of balance and simplicity. Also, to create a more calming effect, you can mix bright or cool colors with a lot of white, which results in a softer, washed-out colour tone. When it comes to creating a relaxing and soothing ambiance in your bedroom, the colour scheme plays a significant role. The right choice of colours can enhance comfort, promote restful sleep, and contribute to a peaceful atmosphere. Whi

SIX REASONS WHY WALLPAPER IS PREFERRED TO PAINTING

Although sometimes depending on the surface area, Wallpaper fixing tends to come out much more expensive to painting of walls. But why do people still keep paying for wallpapers instead of painting even with the fact that its quite more expensive. Let me explain that.  There is this uniqueness about wallpapers that kind of speaks your personalty unlike painting of walls that you just have to go with any available shade of colours.

7 girls room colours aside from pink

In the world of interior design, colours play a pivotal role in shaping the atmosphere and personality of a space. When it comes to designing a girls' room, the conventional choice of pink might seem like the default option. However, there exists a vast spectrum of captivating and inspiring colours that can infuse charm and individuality into a room. Let's explore seven unique room colour options for girls, steering clear of the traditional pink: 1. Orange Burst: Orange is a vibrant and energetic colour that radiates positivism and enthusiasm. Incorporating shades of orange, such as tangerine or coral, into a girls' room can create a lively and invigorating ambiance. Pairing orange with neutral tones or even a soft lilac can help balance the vibrancy while maintaining a fresh and youthful look. 2. Blissful Blue: Blue is a versatile colour that ranges from serene pastel shades to deep navy hues. Lighter blues can evoke a sense of calm and tranquility, perfect for creating a