Skip to main content

Will we still be able to afford buying fuel later on with this economy down turn?

Will we still be able to afford buying fuel later on with this economy down turn?




So yesterday the 4th of march, 2022 was my second worse experience ever. I got petrol at the rate of 230 naira per liter for the house. I got thirty five litres of petrol (35 liters) at the price of eight thousand, two hundred naira (N8200) as agaisnt maximum of five thousand naira depending on the filling station and their meters. My budget was the usual five thousand naira worth of petrol and do the usual pay for keg and show boys love thingy after I had to queue, I didn't know how badly things have gotten out of hands. I wasn't aware prices of fuel has been inflated. My brother told me the last fuel he got was at the rate of One hundred and eighty naira (N180). And boys are now buying fuel as high as three hundred and fifty naira (N350) per liters in some areas of Lagos.

We had to leave the house early in order to get fuel for the weekend. Okada and Maruwa drivers are your best intels at these times. You are to pay extra for kegs. I think this fuel scarcity is going to get worse. It's looking as if this is the best it's going to be because after now It seems its going to get more terrible as each day passes.

To make matters worse It's so damn hot in my area. As I am chatting with you I am Eveing in my bedroom if you know what i mean. It's so hot in my house. My skin is filled with heat rashes. I can feel my skin burning/melting because of this heat. Having my bath three or more times in a day isn't even solving anything. The rashes are so stubborn that I have tried everything to discover later on that it only requires dusting powder, a good body scrub/liquid wash and a good body cream. We hardly have power supply. We don't have up to 4 hours supply of power sometimes in 24 hours.  The nights are usually worse. Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) are kinder to us during the hours of two (2) am to five (5) am. But some days they forget we even exist and with the fuel scarcity and it still growing, it's so hard to power the generator overnight due to finances and the scarcity.

All these now starting in the month of February when everyone is still trying to balance financially is ridiculous. Business is slow due to all these economically downturns. I cannot afford to power my generator over night even if there was no fuel scarcity. Some days we sleep in the living room. My inverter got faulty in the middle of all these mess. It's making it worse to cope with.

I hardly go out, most meetings are now done remotely. Thank God for the internet and some apps, saves time, money and energy. Fuel is now gold, people are still trying to recuperate financially after the holidays. Life isn't easy yet, fuel scarcity is making everyone moody and cranky. Things are still quite hard and fuel scarcity is making it harder.

Early months of the year is meant to come with a lot of ease not this. So many heart breaks already. At least I thank God we are still feeding and we could still afford to buy fuel somehow but if this persist I don't think so, I think I need to face my only hope at this moment, my heavenly father.  Some filling stations attendant are so wicked and heartless, the government doesn't care and all these is affecting the economy. Now the government say the fuel scarcity will deepened because the ship carrying refined fuel are stuck on the sea. God help us, God help me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SIX REASONS WHY WALLPAPER IS PREFERRED TO PAINTING

Although sometimes depending on the surface area, Wallpaper fixing tends to come out much more expensive to painting of walls. But why do people still keep paying for wallpapers instead of painting even with the fact that its quite more expensive. Let me explain that.  There is this uniqueness about wallpapers that kind of speaks your personalty unlike painting of walls that you just have to go with any available shade of colours.

THAT KITCHEN CABINET

WHAT MAKES YOU UNIQUE? Uniqueness isn't following the crowd, uniqueness isn't to be in vogue, uniqueness isn't following protocol. Uniqueness isn't doing what other's do the way they do theirs.

ORGANIZING KIDS ROOM AND DECORATING

Children's closets, Children's book shelves, Get your kids organised at all ages Colour isn't the only thing that makes a child's room beautiful. The right colour, the right theme and their interest is important when you are considering decorating your children's room. You don't have to keep telling your kids, "Clean your room". A child's room is meant to be spacious not stuffy. When decorating a child's room you have to put a lot into consideration aside for your budget which includes: Colour - As a parent you should have known which colour he or she appreciates more. Which of the colours he or she feel safe in. So when choosing colour for his or her room use a combination of one or two of her favourite colour and shades.